The College of Physical Therapists of BC
In order to practice in a speciﬁc province, an individual must be registered by the provincial licensing board which in BC is the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia, located at:
200 Granville St,
Canada V6C 1S4
Phone: (604) 742-6556
Toll-free Telephone (Canada): 1 (833) 742-6556
Health Professions Act
- Deﬁnitions 1. In this regulation "physical therapy" means the treatment of the human body by physical or mechanical means, by manipulation, massage, exercise, the application of bandages, hydrotherapy, and medical electricity, for the therapeutic purpose of maintaining or restoring function that has been impaired by injury of disease.
- Designation 2.
(1) Physical therapy is designated as a health profession
(2) The "College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia" is the name of the college established under section (15) of the Act for physical therapy.
- Reserved titles 3.
No person other than a registrant may use the title "physical therapist", "registered physical therapist", "physiotherapist", "registered physiotherapist", "remedial gymnast", or "registered remedial gymnast".
- Scope of practice 4.
A registrant may practise physical therapy.
- Reserved acts 5.
(1) Subject to section 14 of the Act, no person other than a registrant may practise physical therapy.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a person employed by and on the premises of a hospital which has been designated by the minister and who is acting under the direction of a medical practitioner. Limitation on practice 6. No registrant may prescribe or administer drugs or anaesthetics, or treat a recent fracture of a bone, except under the direction of a medical practitioner.
Skills Connect, Help for Internationally-Trained Physiotherapists
Skills Connect for Immigrants Program helps immigrants in British Columbia, Canada move into careers that match their experience and background. We specialize in helping immigrants prepare for and obtain employment in every sector of the B.C. economy including construction, transportation, manufacturing, tourism and healthcare to name a few!"
Skills Connect for Immigrants Program is a BC Government program for skilled new immigrants that help them move more quickly into jobs that match their experience and background in health care. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help navigate through the process of becoming a practicing BC physiotherapist.
Call toll-free at 1-877-277-4832