2022 Digital Directions: Evidence-informed Practice – With You and For You
Do you want to share your knowledge with your fellow physiotherapists?
Exciting changes are coming to the PABC Directions magazine in 2022. PABC Directions will be moving to four issues – two in the familiar print format and two that are exclusively digital. Digital editions will focus on the evidence related to hot topics for the physiotherapy profession.
- The two issues in the familiar print format will be in your mailboxes in June and December
- The two digital editions on evidence-informed practice issues will be in your inboxes in March and September
An invitation to you!
In October we sent a survey to ask what topics you were interested in and what kind of evidence you wanted to see (e.g., a deep-dive of one article vs. a summary of evidence from many articles). We are now planning content based on what you wanted. Here are the initial topics:
- March 2022: Stretching – when, where, how, and why?
- September 2022: Clinical Education – barriers and solutions, are there better ways of supporting students and new grads in the current environment?
- March of 2023: Ice as part of treatment – should we or shouldn’t we?
We invite you as PABC members to share your knowledge with your PT peers by contributing to these special issues of Directions. We would like input from those at all stages of their career – students, newly qualified therapists with extensive experience. If you would like to write an evidence-informed article on one of these topics, we want to hear from you! Your submission could be in the form of:
- A Clinical Commentary (summary, from your clinical perspective of the evidence)
- A Case Study (summary of a clinical case enriched with evidence from the literature)
- A Viewpoint (opinion piece supported by the evidence)
- An innovative piece of writing using a format of your own choice – we want to encourage creativity from our community.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Alison, Paul & Terri
Your Knowledge Services Team