SPIRIT OF THE AWARD
This award is in memory of Peter Huijbregts, a Victoria Physiotherapist who passed away suddenly in November 2010 at the age of 44.
Throughout his physiotherapy career, Peter was known for his dedication to all aspects of physiotherapy. He published over 40 papers, lectured and taught university internationally, wrote chapters in physiotherapy texts, and served as editor of the Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy all while maintaining his own orthopaedic practice. His long waiting list of patients was a testament of the quality and compassionate nature of his care. His commitment to both learning and teaching was unsurpassed. Clinicians frequently looked to Peter for mentorship, and he always made time to answer questions and engage in thoughtful discussion regarding physiotherapy.
This award is a legacy to Peter’s significant contribution to the physiotherapy profession both locally and internationally through his teaching and research. It recognizes the same passion for knowledge, teaching and research in a PABC member.
To fund continuing education or research aimed at improving clinical skills and knowledge in the practice and/or teaching of physiotherapy.
- has been a member of PABC and is registered to practice in BC.
- has been active in the profession for at least 10 years.
- has made a positive contribution to his/her community in their profession as well as in his/her personal life.
- will write a 1 page explanation of how receipt of this award will help attain professional goals.
- will indicate what education or research sought.
- will write an article for Directions on the knowledge gained from the funded education.
The PABC Awards Committee appointed annually by the Board will review the applications and make the selection based upon information provided to the committee. No other information will be sought.
FORM OF AWARD
- The Recipient will be funded $1,000 for continuing education related to the practice of physiotherapy.
- Education to advance the physiotherapy practice must be the intent of the recipient of the Peter Huijbregts Memorial Award.
- PABC will inform CBI Health that the Peter Huijbregts award for the year has been given to the recipient. CBI Health will provide the recipient directly with the award funds.
- The Award is not transferable and must be used by the Applicant.
The Award will be presented at the annual BC Physio Forum.
Applicant to attach to this completed application form:
- Cover letter by Applicant to include:
- The reason for application
- The intended use of the Award
- The manner in which the applicant meets the Award Criteria
- The reasons why the applicant feels that he/she is uniquely qualified to receive this award
- Current CV
- Reference letter from a peer (peer must be a current PABC member)
- Any other relevant documentation (e.g. copies of published articles, support letter from an interdisciplinary colleague)
- Provide Applicant’s personal telephone number
- Provide Applicant’s residential address
Applications must be received in the PABC office by February 3, 2020.