I was Injured at Work - What do I do?
For all work-related injuries, WorkSafeBC will pay for your initial visit as long as your claim is registered with WorkSafeBC and you have a claim number. Further physiotherapy treatment may be covered after your claim is approved. A referral from your doctor is not necessary. You must ensure that you seek treatment from a physiotherapist who has a contract with WorkSafeBC to treat Injured Workers. On approved claims, there is no fee for service.
After an injury you must:
- Report your injury to your employer.
- Seek medical attention for your injury as soon as possible. Be sure to tell your doctor that your injury is work-related.
- Report your injury to WorkSafeBC as soon as possible:
- If you miss any time from work, you must notify the Teleclaim Contact Centre (1-888-WORKERS).
- You may be asked by a representative to complete a Worker’s Incident and Injury Report
- or an application for Compensation and Report of Injury or Occupational Disease Form 6.
- If asked to do so, it is important that you do so and submit it as soon as possible.
- Book your initial physiotherapy appointment, and notify the physiotherapy clinic that your injury is work-related.
View contracted physiotherapy providers in BC by region or use the Find a Clinic search and check off the "Sees Worksafe patients" box.