*Please read all the way to the bottom for details on how to apply*
Kids Physio Group is looking for a driven and FUN physiotherapist to join their Kelowna team! Whether you’re an experienced physio who has always wanted to explore the pediatric field or a new grad keen to work with children, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to join our dynamic team at our Kelowna location. This opportunity will involve working as a part of the new Central Okanagan Family Connection Center.
Kids Physio is a group of private, pediatric physiotherapy clinics in British Columbia, Ontario, and Nova Scotia. Established in 2006, Kids Physio Group (KPG) was the first physiotherapy clinic designed just for kids in BC, and now, 16 years and 50,000+ client visits later they continue to do exactly what was initially dreamed of: provide fun, world-class physiotherapy to children of all ages and abilities across Canada.
Kids Physio Group’s Kelowna location is part of the larger network of Kids Physio Group practices across Canada. We have a strong and supportive community of physiotherapists and administrators, with many opportunities for growth and development within the organization.
The physiotherapist is responsible for providing world-class physiotherapy care to help children 100% recover from injury and reach their maximum physical potential.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about the work we do at Kids Physio Group;
- You understand that working with kids and their families is more than just physical therapy; it’s mentoring, educating, inspiring, and being downright fun;
- You don’t shy away from new experiences and challenges
- You’re a physiotherapist (great!), and you have experience in pediatrics (even better!).
No pediatric experience? No stress. At Kids Physio Group we’re all about growth, both for our families and our staff. We’re happy to help the right person discover a career in pediatrics that they never knew was a possibility.
- Assessing and treating children, following the vision of KPG
- Promoting pediatric physio in our community
- Being a strong team player: giving and receiving clinic and business mentorship, participating in team activities, and contributing to business development
- To collaborate with the larger Family Connection Center Team to deliver family-centered care and achieve needs-based goals in a timely manner
Additional Job Duties and Expectations:
- All physiotherapists must be registered with the Provincial College and ideally have rich experience with the pediatric population
- Perform physiotherapy services to clients of the Company at the Clinic in accordance with the College’s practice standards and advisory statements and consistent with your training and expertise.
- Independently plan and provide treatment sessions without direct instruction or supervision.
- Grow caseload to include pelvic floor physiotherapy, Schroth therapy, or other areas of interest *optional
- Use relational, person and family-centered approaches to determine goals, perform assessments, design treatment to match goals and assessment findings, review plan, discharge when appropriate, participate in case planning; work with the child, youth, and their family and support team; and attend case meetings as required
- Practice with culturally safe and trauma-informed approaches
- Establish and maintain respectful relationships with families
- Promote functional skills that contribute to inclusion and engagement in life in ways that are meaningful to the family
- If therapy assistants are present; responsibility for supervision of therapy assistants
- Meet monthly with Clinical Manager to set goals and review metrics
- Education: expectation to use current research to guide clinical practice
- Consistently achieve KPG’s Values in Action
- Embrace change and don’t shy away from new challenges
- Understand that working with kids and their families is more than just physical therapy; it’s mentoring, educating, inspiring, and having FUN
- Multiple positions available; Salaried full time, or mix of Hourly and Commissioned Employment
- Part time or Full time (up to 37.5 hrs/week)
How to Apply:
Please fill in the following Google Survey: https://forms.gle/HQM6BL2FyjCBVZko7
- April 1, 2023