Job Title: Physiotherapist 2 - Vancouver Paediatric Team
Work Site: Pacific Spirit Community Health Centre
Status: Temporary Full Time - Baseline-With End Date (1.00 FTE) (Part-Time hours may be possible)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: $34.36 - $42.87 per hour
Days: Monday to Friday
Time: 8:00 am - 16:00 pm (1/2 hour lunch)
About the Vancouver Paediatric Team
As a Physiotherapist with the Vancouver Paediatric Team, you will see school-aged children (5-19 years old) who have special needs who require individualized plans and physiotherapy services. Special needs could include:
- Visual, hearing or physical disabilities;
- Chronic health problems;
- Speech and language disorders;
- Severe learning disabilities;
- Severe behavioural disorders; and
- Intellectual disabilities
The Nature of Your Work
working without general supervision, as required by program/site, you will:
- provides physiotherapy services to specific children with physical, neurological and developmental challenges and to those who require episodic or palliative care;
- Coordinate the care plan for children with complex health needs and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, educational agencies, and other health care professionals/providers/community agencies to achieve excellence in health services and education.
- The nature of your support/assistance/treatment to your clients could include:
- Performing screening and assessment
- Establishing client-centered treatment plan, developing and implementing an intervention strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of the plan at regular intervals either for individual or group therapy
- Training of/delegation to school staff including teachers & support staff
- Training and education for parents (of clients)
All Physiotherapists at VCH work within the context of primary health care, a population health approach, in accordance with the vision and values of the Vancouver Coastal Health and in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
Education & Experience
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a recognized program with a minimum of two years recent related pediatric experience in a community setting; care management experience, clinical experience in assessment of children with physical/neurological/developmental problems, implementation of functional therapy programs and experience with equipment issues, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership with the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.