Neuromotion Surrey is hosting Paincare yoga workshops by Neil Pearson
Take these courses together to obtain the Paincare Yoga Certificate. Take these courses separately for your own education.
*If you have questions or there are no spots left please email: email@example.com*
1) Pain care yoga workshop: 3 days Dec 1-3, 2017
This workshop provides in-depth integration of pain science, innovative pain self-management techniques, yoga philosophy and yoga practices for healthcare workers and practicioners. Participants will gain a solid foundation in pain science, and in yoga related to pain and pain management. Daily yoga practices and pain self-management skills acquisition will ready teachers and practitioners to begin integration of Pain Care Yoga into their clinical practices and yoga classes, leading to improved benefits and outcomes.
- The participant will gain the ability to describe basic pain neurophysiology as well as eight key neuroplastic changes related to chronic pain.
- The participant be able to demonstrate instructing a client in the guidelines for how to move in the face of pain, including the five key questions that increase success of recovery of function.
- The participant will be able to list four benefits of breathing and body awareness techniques, and nine benefits of practising yoga postures, specifically related to the lived experience of pain.
2) Overcome Pain Gentle Yoga: 3 days Jan 12-14 2018
Immerse yourself in three days of learning to live with more ease. This course will include patients models with chronic pain where you can practice your skills and lead classes. You can sit, lay down, and move as you need, while experiencing safe effective practices to decrease your pain, and help you move with more ease. You will explore modern science-based views on pain and chronic pain, while empowering yourself with practical tools for daily pain care. These yoga techniques can be modified for all, to help move with more ease again, wind down your nervous systems and promote positive, lasting changes in your life. Open to all levels of yoga experience
1. The participants will be guided in a group setting with patient models, through specific techniques and practices that integrate pain science, yoga and movement - specific for individuals with complex chronic pain conditions.
2. The participant will gain a new understanding of pain, as it relates to western science, to specific yoga techniques, and to Yoga philosophy.
3. The participant will gain an understanding of how to integrate these practices into daily life, and the importance of daily planning to effective self management goals.
13737 96th ave
surrey BC v3v 0c6