Located between the Kitsilano and South Granville neighbourhoods of Vancouver, the Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) provides practice support and services for its 2400+ members and is the voice of physiotherapy in BC. Our purpose is to help our members maintain practice excellence and evidence-informed care through the programs and resources we provide. Physiotherapy has an outstanding story to tell as it strives to make a greater impact.
Responsible for the planning, logistics, coordination, sponsor and exhibitor sales and quality management of PABC events that promote PABC’s goals and initiatives including our signature Physio Forum in the Spring. The Sales and Events Manager will generate new and unique event and partner revenue streams. Key activities will be market research, sales prospecting, stakeholder and client relationship management, event planning and coordination and revenue management.
This is an excellent position for a creative sales and event planner interested in having significant impact with the development and maintenance of revenue generation and event management initiatives to enhance and support a province-wide community of physiotherapists. Working well on a team in a small office environment, you enjoy event management and sales and have excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
- Contribute to the development and management of an annual sales and event plan and budget that aligns and advances the organization’s strategic plan.
- Organize and manage PABC’s annual Physio Forum and Recognition Event, recruiting exhibitors and sponsors, and coordinating all leadup and on-site logistics.
- Work with Forum Planning Committee and Professional Development Advisory Committee to choose Forum session topics, recruit/invite presenters and organize Forum programming.
- Assist with organizing and managing additional PABC events including, conferences, forums, continuing professional development sessions and trade shows.
- Proven experience in creation and management of sustainable and detailed project plans, budgets, production schedules, event logistics, venue and supplier bookings for Forum and assist with other events
- Managing all operational communications with clients, crew and internal/external stakeholders
- Represent the PABC brand positively by being knowledgeable, thorough and organized at all times
- Prepare all necessary support materials for events including brochures, promotional materials, giveaways and awards.
- Conduct post-event evaluations and summary reports
- Proactively research event opportunities to highlight PABC and raise awareness of the association’s mandate
- Ensure event production elements convey PABC’s key messages and vision clearly and appropriately.
- Collaborate with PABC’s Communications Manager in utilizing appropriate social media to encourage attendance and engagement and profile PABC’s brand
- Book rooms and logistics for Board and committee meetings as well as education and professional development sessions.
- Work with members and external partners and stakeholders such as speakers, members, researchers and stakeholders to help fulfill and contribute to development/implementation of PABC strategic plan
Advertising and Sponsorship Sales
- Generate sales growth; manage print/online advertising sales; manage event sponsorship and exhibitor sales
- Provide input on market-appropriate rates for advertising/sponsorship/exhibitor opportunities; market advertising/sponsorship opportunities
- Work in collaboration with the CEO to identify and develop new revenue streams
- Develop and track metrics to demonstrate customer value and sales growth
- Ensure advertising/sponsorship/exhibitor budget targets are met
- Investigate leads and seeking out new business via cold phone calling, emailing or face to face interaction
- Manage the execution of PABC’s sales and events special projects and tasks skills as required
- Minimum of two years in leading events and sales in non-profit environments
- Detail-oriented with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a small multi-functional team environment and be self-motivated.
- Advanced MS Office skills (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Superior written and oral communication skills including editing, writing, publishing experience.
- Demonstrated success leveraging and analyzing social media communications channels
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively in a team environment
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please email your cover letter and resume in a single Word or PDF file by November 2, 2018 to email@example.com, being sure to include the position title in the subject line.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that you do not phone. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Some applications may be processed prior to the closing date.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in PABC.