Responsible for the planning, logistics, coordination, and quality management of PABC knowledge services that promote PABC’s goals and initiatives. This includes exploring and generating the creation, maintenance, and delivery of dynamic information and research services and resources that support members and staff. The Knowledge Services Manager also oversees the management of the PABC Professional Development. This position reports to the PABC CEO.
This is an excellent position for a tech-savvy, independent, creative librarian interested in having significant impact with the development and maintenance of an online Knowledge Centre and Services and website and social media initiatives to enhance and support a province-wide community of physiotherapists.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Knowledge Services Planning
- Contribute to the development/management of an annual knowledge services plan and budget that aligns and advances the organization’s strategic plan
- Increase organizational efficiency, effectiveness and accountability in staff operations by providing easy access to accurate, timely and relevant information and knowledge services
- Work with members and external partners and stakeholders such as speakers, researchers and professional development professionals to help fulfill PABC strategic plan
Manage PABC’s online Knowledge Centre
- Oversee the collection, development, and management of online resources and services in alignment with member needs
- Work with stakeholders to create timely resources
- Acquire/manage subscriptions for optimal access to quality health database
- Strong background in CMS platforms, with solid knowledge of Drupal. HTML and CSS skills.
- Intermediate skills with Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily inDesign Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Premiere.
Provide knowledge services to members, staff, contractors and presenters
- As a provider of member services, answers clinical and reference questions, conducts literature searches and retrieves articles
- Create innovative instructional materials to support membership learning needs
- Promotes the use of Knowledge Services and Centre to support evidence-informed decision making in a very timely manner
- Offers current awareness tools and services to stay up to date with the latest evidence and professional news
Oversee management of continuing professional development initiatives
- Collaborate with Education Manager to offer information literacy support to enhance member professional development succes
- Oversee course budgets. Establish cost-effective framework that supports profitable and sustainable education initiatives
- Bridge gap between learning needs/requests of members by offering respective education initiatives
- Manage registration and prepare course materials
- Contribute to overall development/implementation of PABC education strategy
- Assist with special projects and tasks using knowledge services and management skills as required by CEO
- Master's of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) or Master's of Library Science (MLS) from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of two years health sciences library experience or relevant experience in either clinical or industry environments
- Minimum of one year experience providing library reference services
- Proficiency in Information Technology and computer applications used in libraries and experience in a library or knowledge management environment is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in use of clinical reference tools and academic databases
- Detail-oriented with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a small multi-functional team environment and be self-motivated.
- Advanced MS Office skills (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Superior written and oral communication skills including editing, writing, publishing experience.
- Demonstrated success leveraging and analyzing social media communications channels
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively in a team environment