Located between the Kitsilano and South Granville neighbourhoods of Vancouver, the Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) provides practice support and services for its 2400+ members and is the voice of physiotherapy in BC. Our purpose is to lead the physiotherapy profession by fostering excellence in practice, continuing education and advocacy. Together, we inspire healthy lifestyles.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and the Communications Manager, the Communications Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant will provide design, web and administrative support to the PABC office team. This includes attending meetings, effective information handling and website maintenance. This is a four day a week position, Mon- Thursday.
This is an excellent position for a tech-savvy, experienced communications coordinator with executive assistant experience, strong website maintenance and digital publishing skills, works well with others and has experience with events to enhance and support a province-wide community of physiotherapists.
- Assist with website CMS, communications projects & events as required.
- Execute on-brand, engaging assets for email, web, digital and print.
- Coordinate and support the administrative functions and flow of information PABC and CEO’s office.
- Triage information of a sensitive and confidential nature, ensure accurate and timely delivery of administrative
services and keep the CEO and team apprised of issues and activities.
- Interact with PABC staff, members, board and key stakeholders across the organization to convey information in a consistent, positive and respectful manner.
- Professionally represent the interests of the CEO and organization and communicate with professional integrity at all levels.
- Solid background in CMS platforms, with solid knowledge of Drupal. HTML and CSS skills an asset.
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily inDesign Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Premiere.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work towards tight deadlines.
- Expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations, Word, Excel, PP etc.
- Considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling organizational information.
- Exceptional ability to liaise in a professional and courteous manner with PABC team, members, senior leaders, and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Strong ability to communicate in a compelling, clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Ability to collaborate with staff to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness, ensuring gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Diploma or university degree in journalism, communications or related discipline, plus considerable related experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience. Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills.
- To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada at the point of application.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please email your cover letter and resume in a single Word or PDF file by July 30, 2018 to email@example.com.
Be sure to include the position title in the subject line.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that you do not phone. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in PABC.