The Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) is seeking applications for our position of Education Manager, with the overall responsibility of organizing PABC’s professional development courses. Reporting to the CEO, the Education Manager works in consultation with Events and Knowledge Services managers, PABC Professional Development Advisory Committee (PDAC), as well as with community partners, to plan, organize and administer each of PABC’s annual courses.
- Identify and coordinate 10-12 courses per year, which meet the needs and interests of PABC members.
- Evaluate potential course opportunities and viability, and liaise with potential partners and instructors.
- Develop a budget for each course, and present budgets to the CEO for approval by October each year for the annual PABC budget.
- Arrange logistics with instructors, including negotiating fees and contract arrangements, AV, transportation to/from courses as required, and other requirements.
- Coordinate on-site logistics and course management including attending lectures/courses/seminars: set up, moderate, introduce instructors; on-site registration, venue, room set-up, AV, etc.
- Travel as required to host courses throughout BC.
- Liaise and act as point person with stakeholders (instructors, advisors, community partners, Divisions).
- Coordinate, review, analyze and evaluate outcome after each course, considering finances, content, participant interest, future improvements, and report evaluation to the CEO and PDAC.
- Review and evaluate the operating plan at the end of each year and report the evaluation to CEO.
- Ascertain time and means for member needs assessments.
- Videotapes live lectures/courses for PABC website archive.
- Contribute to and update the Education Manager Procedural Manual.
- Reports to the CEO.
- Works closely with PABC staff regarding relevant course details including marketing, accounting, contracting.
- Consults with PDAC annually, at a formal meeting, to plan for two years hence, and plans for one PDAC member to assist on-site with each course; works with CEO who arranges/assists with the agenda, and takes meeting minutes.
- Consults with PDAC via email and/ or phone throughout the year regarding course planning.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC) and a member of PABC.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and to promote a creative learning environment.
Job Type: Part-time Contract, 1 year with possibility of extension subject to funding