Parkinson Society British Columbia (PSBC) invites you to join us for our provincial conference, Moving Forward, Together, on Saturday, October 26th. This event will foster an educational and inspirational space for enriching the connection between people with Parkinson's, carepartners, friends, and healthcare professionals.
Featuring prominent local, national, and international presenters, Moving Forward, Together will offer a diversified itinerary, including two morning plenaries and eight afternoon breakout sessions to select from. This year, we have introduced a new breakout stream specifically designed for healthcare professionals to expand their knowledge of Parkinson's disease.
Topics covered at this conference will include:
- Non-Motor Symptoms — Dr. Mark Mapstone
- Motor Symptoms — Dr. Alex Rajput
Breakout Session #1 (1:30pm to 2:30pm)
- Advanced Stages: Cognitive Changes & Palliative Care — Dr. Keiran Tuck
- Fatigue and Sleep Problems — Dr. Daryl Wile
- Mental Health Changes — Dr. Andrew Howard
- Upright and Walking Light: How to Prevent Falls — Naomi Casiro
- Beyond the Tremor: Treating Motor and Non-Motor Symptoms (for healthcare professionals only) — Dr. Anish Kanungo
Breakout Session #2 (2:45pm to 3:45pm)
- Ambiguous Loss (for carepartners/caregivers) — Kathryn Brosseau
- Medication Management — Dr. Claire Hinnell
- Nutrition — Dr. Pamela Hutchison
- What Can Allied Healthcare Professionals Do For You? — Allied healthcare professional panel
- NEW Canadian Guidelines on Parkinson's Disease (for healthcare professionals only) — Parkinson Canada
Parking is included in registration fee. Please include your license plate number at the time of registration.
Parkinson Society British Columbia (PSBC) aims to provide opportunities for individuals who wish to pursue a career involving Parkinson’s disease (PD) through our Continuing Education Scholarship Program for Exercise Instructors & Healthcare Professionals. This scholarship was established to assist people who have a passion to gain PD specific training and bring these benefits to the BC PD community.
For more information on our scholarships, please visit: https://www.parkinson.bc.ca/resources-services/healthcare-professionals/continuing-education-scholarships/
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, Crystal Ballroom
6083 McKay Ave
Burnaby BC V5H 2W7