Please join us on February 28, 2019 at the Vancouver Courthouse for an interactive ICBC mock trial workshop.
No healthcare professional wants to be asked to testify in court without having a strong understanding of the court process and the role of a witness. It is important for the person testifying to feel comfortable with the information he or she presents to the courts and confident in his or her abilities to communicate eﬀectively. In this session, you will learn how to:
- Understand the court process
- Participate as a lay witness or provide expert testimony
- Act as client or a support system to a friend or family member
- Follow a court case study
- Work with the courts and representatives to assist with achieving a conclusion to the claim
- Work with lawyers who will represent both plaintiﬀ and defense
Michael Thomas and Derek Mah, lawyers with Harper Grey’s Critical Injury practice group, will lead the mock trial and provide very practical and hands on advice on how to be a good witness. Both Derek and Michael have extensive experience in this area and are delighted to share information on this topic.
Monarch Counselling & Vocational Rehabilitation Inc.
Mission BC V2V 4J4