Advanced Health & Sports Clinic
Email Address for Applications
Employer/Job Posting Website URL
Public or Private Practice Position
Private practice starting - March 2019
Forward Thinking. Forward Movement.
Our Mission Statement: Our mission at Advanced Health and Sport Clinic (https://www.advanced-healthclinic.com/) is to provide the greater Nanaimo area with the most cutting edge, research based, one on one care for physical ailments ranging from common sports or overuse injuries, to post-surgical recoveries, to pelvic floor rehabilitation, and everything in between.
Our Core Value: We aren’t just looking for a great clinician – which we know there are plenty of out there! We are looking for quality PEOPLE first and foremost to grow and learn with us, who share a passion for rehabilitation sciences, and who want to be part of a true team atmosphere and have some FUN along the way.
Our Operational Principles:
Advanced Health and Sports Clinic is looking for a Full time or Part time Physiotherapist to work at our brand-new, North Nanaimo Location!
Ultimately, it is our goal to offer superior quality sports medicine services for the elite athlete and the general population alike via utilizing the multidisciplinary model of care that integrates evidence based practices from the scopes of Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, and Athletic therapy to better serve our patients and our community at large.
At Advanced Health and Sports Clinic we place a strong emphasis on looking at rehabilitation from the biopsychosocial perspective and are big advocates for providing patients with relevant and understandable pain neuroscience education to better help them understand and manage their conditions while we also guide our patients through active rehabilitation plans to augment any manual therapy interventions provided in the clinic.
Our clinic presently houses 5 fully booked private practice PT’s that work primarily in the field of orthopedic physiotherapy. Our roster at present includes; 2 DPT graduates (Musculoskeletal Management), 1 Australian trained FCAAMPT Manip therapist, 1 DPT student. Skills that will be helpful to have (or acquire) in this setting include:
· Manual and manipulative therapy
· acupuncture and dry-needling (IMS)
· Vestibular rehabilitation
· Concussion management
· Pain neuroscience education
· Soft tissue modalities (manual therapy, IASTM, etc)
· Pelvic floor rehabilitation
We value career advancement and continuing education and will 100% support your goals and professional pursuits. Monetary incentivization WILL be provided for those who wish to pursue advanced credentialing.
A very generous fee split based upon high demand skills. Additionally, we offer applicants the option to sign on as either: independent contractors (IC’s) or employees based upon their personal preference.
1) We want you to be part of a TEAM … a team that discusses cases, answers questions, reviews literature, builds and supports each others caseloads, and provides scheduled practice/in-service times for staff to develop skills.
2) Clinic Space: brand new clinic, highway exposure, sound dampened private rooms, enclosed gym area, Doctors office and pharmacy as immediate in-house neighbors.
3) Respect: We understand that you are an autonomous practitioner with your own strengths and areas of interest - we WANT to know how we can help you grow, continue your education, and help you build your practice.
4) Continuity: When a team member does a continuing education course we implement a monthly 5-15 minute in-service where the other team members are filled in on; what was learned, how it will affect your practice, and how/when we can refer appropriately to leverage this most appropriately.
5) Consultants: Particularly for new(er) graduates or those new to the area - we will provide local contacts and introductions for professionals that will help in shaping the architecture of your life outside of the clinic. We learned allot of these lessons the hard way and don’t want you to waste time or money doing the same. Quickly getting aligned with quality professionals will help you establish a framework for your life both as far as security and finances are concerned. This include insurance brokers, real-estate agents, accountants, lawyers, etc to help shore up both your professional AND personal life.
We are looking for quality PEOPLE first and foremost to grow and learn with us, who share a passion for rehabilitation sciences, and who are okay with having the occasional “team meeting” at a local patio or beach while debriefing a busy week and reviewing some literature or tough cases. If you think this sounds like the place for you don’t hesitate to reach out and any time to discuss if the fit is right. Cheers!
Level of Experience Preferred