Improving outcomes through enhanced communication and simplified care
Instructor: Chris Johnson, Physical Therapist, Performance Coach, Clinical Educator, Certified Triathlon Coach, Three time All American Athlete, Two time Kona Qualifier, Owner of Zeren PT and Performance, CEO of Cadence Run App
Read more about Chris here: http://www.zerenpt.com/team.html
Check out his Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisjohnsonpt/featured
Dates: Saturday Feb 3rd – Sunday Feb 4th 2018
Saturday: 12pm -7pm
Sunday: 8am - 5pm
While many therapists specialize in certain subdomains, the vast majority work with a large variety of patient populations, treating a wide array of pathologies. These therapists must be ‘generalists’.
It is therefore essential to operate within an evidence -based framework that can be modified to meet this wide variety.
Any clinical encounter and rehabilitation process ultimately boils down to the following categories:
(The EPIC framework)
With this framework, clinicians can play an invaluable role in helping any patient return to their optimal lifestyle.
This two-day course was developed specifically for outpatient orthopedic clinicians who are looking to expand their knowledge and enhance their clinical reasoning.
By completing this course, attendees will have proficiency in the following:
- Understanding motivational interviewing, mind styles and behavioral packaging, which help foster therapeutic alliance.
- Identifying red flags and yellow flags and remaining vigilant throughout entire rehab process.
- Highlighting positive aspects of the patient’s presentation.
- Fundamental UL and LL Orthopedic examination.
- Management of common UL and LL conditions, including tendinopathies.
- Using modern pain science to mitigate threat and foster confidence in loading, through calculated use of language and questioning.
- Understanding the concept of ‘Ecosystem’ and how it helps patients to better manage loads.
- Applying Motor learning, OPTIMAL theory, strength drills and comprehensive capacity drills
- Identifying when to prescribe therapeutic exercise progressions, regressions and lateralizations.
- Providing cueing and feedback to master movement tasks and skill acquisition.
- Discussing the differences between return to participation, return to sport and return to competition.
Who can attend: Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, RMTs, Personal Trainers, Kinesiologists and more!
Please contact 778 379 7950 to register for course.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this course is limited to 20 participants, so registration will be on a first come first serve basis.
Myodetox/Physio Room Oak
3087 Oak Street