Do you see concussion patients in your practice? Are you interested in getting informed and learning the most up-to-date and evidence-based clinical management and rehabilitation strategies? Register now for our “Best Practices in Concussion Management.”
This course offers a comprehensive overview of evidence-based concussion assessment procedures, rehabilitation methods, baseline testing and return-to-play considerations. We offer concise literature reviews on topics such as acute concussion pathophysiology, post-concussion syndrome, rest and activity post-concussion and offer strategies for building individualized return to learn and return to work programs. We utilize a multidisciplinary speaking panel and offer information geared to rehabilitation and medical professionals regarding best practice management for concussion.
- Concussion pathophysiology
- Neurocognitive assessment of concussion
- Baseline / pre-season testing considerations
- Clinical assessment of concussion
- Rest and Activity considerations post-concussion
- The role of vestibular and oculomotor screening in concussion
- Concussion rehabilitation strategies
- Physical exertion testing and return-to-play
- Case and practical review
- Guest lectures and more…
Course runs from Friday, September 29 - October 1, 2017 (2.5 days in total), lunch is provided both Friday and Saturday.
The Radisson Hotel and Conference Centre by the Calgary Airport
6620 36th St NE, Calgary, AB in room "Dutchess B"
Calgary AB T3J 4C8