The Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) has been serving its 2500+ members for over 70 years. As the voice of our members, we ensure they have access to practice support, professional development and advocacy tools to ensure that British Columbians receive quality care that keeps them moving for life. PABC represents our members' expertise in improving health outcomes to government, health authorities, insurers, and the public. If you are interested in becoming a member, you can find out more about the benefits of PABC membership here.
The Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia leads the physiotherapy profession by fostering excellence in practice, continuing education and advocacy - and by inspiring healthy lifestyles.
Moving For Life
Our strategic priorities are:
1. To broaden physiotherapy’s contribution to improving patient outcomes and health care in BC by:
- Promoting the value of physiotherapy.
- Improving access to physiotherapy.
- Facilitating innovation.
2) To enhance member value by:
- Advancing excellence within both the profession and the association.
Our Advocacy Work
- PABC successfully advocates with the Provincial government, including the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Advanced Education, Ministry of Child and Family Development to address best practices and support in public and private practice concerns
- PABC successfully works with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association on student, New Grad, retired and general members in considerations for fees and other supports
- PABC negotiates with insurers such as WorkSafeBC, ICBC, Pacific Blue Cross, and other insurers for market rate fees and the model of physio service delivery
- PABC maintains consistent discussions on the regulation of the physiotherapy profession in BC with CPTBC
What Sets Us Apart
Are you wondering what the difference is between PABC and CPA, your Union or the College of Physiotherapists is? Find out more here »