2021 Advocacy Projects
CAPR Exam Advocacy
- “The Board is closely following the situation and, as outlined by the CEO below, is putting many hours of advocacy into this issue on behalf of all affected members. Although this is a national issue, it does fall into provincial jurisdiction; hence PABC’s Board and CEO are actively involved in advocating for solutions. We have offered, and continue to offer, assistance to CAPR to run a BC exam. This appears especially relevant given the huge variability in COVID-19 impacts from province to province.”
- Alex Scott, PABC Board President
For further updates and information on Interim physios and the Physiotherapy Competency Exam please click here.
2020 Advocacy Projects
BC Provincial Regulatory Changes
Modernization of Health Professional Regulation
- November, 2019 - BC Provincial Government releases Specific Recommendations on Regulatory Changes(link is external)
- January, 2020 PABC response - Modernizing the provincial health regulatory framework: a response from the Physiotherapy Association of BC.
- August, 2020 Steering Committee on Modernization of Health Professional Regulation released Recommendations to modernize the provincial health profession regulatory framework.
2020 - Provincial Elections
Members Election Communication Package
This comprehensive package makes it easy to raise awareness and drive change in the province, and your community.
*PABC will continually update this page with information and resources as they become available.
BC Provincial Election Script Outline and Questionnaire
Use this script to guide an impactful conversation with those running in your riding about the issues that matter most to you.
Encourage those running in your riding to fill out this questionnaire.
Letters to the BC Provincial Party Leaders
- 24 September 2020 - Letter emailed to Premier John Horgan, Leader of the British Columbia New Democratic Party
24 September 2020 - Letter emailed to Andrew Wilkinson, Leader of the British Columbia Liberal Party
24 September 2020 - Letter emailed to Sonia Furstenau, Leader of the British Columbia Green Party
24 September 2020 - Letter emailed to Trevor Bolin, Leader of the British Columbia Conservative Party
2019 and Other Past Advocacy Projects
Click here to see further local and provincial Government Advocacy projects completed by PABC.