SPIRIT OF THE AWARD
To support PABC members in delivering high-quality physiotherapy services which are unique to rural and remote areas of BC.
To support the professional development of recent graduates choosing to practice in a rural and remote area of BC.
- Is a member of PABC and is registered to practice in BC.
- Has been practicing for at least one full continuous year in a rural or remote area.
- Has graduated or been credentialed between 2015-2018.
- Is currently practicing in a rural or remote area of BC.
- Has stated on their application the education program they wish to have funded
The applicant must be from one of the four regions outside the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley:
- North, Kootenay,
- Okanagan, and Vancouver Island Regions.
Two members are being offered funding from the North region and one member from each of the other regions.
The CEO will recommend to PABC Rural and Remote Committee and the Awards Committee the applications that meet the criteria. The committees will approve up to six award recipients based upon information provided to the committee. No other information will be sought.
FORM OF AWARD
- The Recipient will be funded up to $500 for attendance at the Physio Forum.
- PABC will provide the Recipient directly with the award funds.
- The Award is not transferable and must be used by the Applicant.
The award Recipients will be notified by PABC prior to the Forum event.