The Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) has been serving its 2,300+ members for over 70 years. As the voice of our members, we ensure they have access to practice support, professional development and advocacy tools to ensure that British Columbians receive quality care that keeps them moving for life. PABC represents our members' expertise in improving health outcomes to government, health authorities, insurers, and the public. If you are interested in becoming a member, you can find out more about the benefits of PABC membership here.
The Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia leads the physiotherapy profession by fostering excellence in practice, continuing education and advocacy. Together, we inspire healthy lifestyles.
Physiotherapy in British Columbia is an essential partner for optimizing movement and health.
• PABC will conduct ourselves with INTEGRITY and HONESTY through ethical decision making;
• PABC is MEMBER-CENTRED, demonstrating respect and fairness for all members;
• PABC is COLLABORATIVE, seeking partnerships to help achieve our goals and Vision;
• PABC is PROGRESSIVE and open to innovation to improve the profession;
• PABC’s work is EVIDENCE-INFORMED to provide the best information available to members and the public.
The Physiotherapy Association of BC (PABC) is proud to present the association’s Strategic Plan for 2018-2023.
Building on the work completed from the previous plan, the new 2018-2023 PABC Strategic Plan provides focus for identifying and achieving an increased scope of practice through stronger collaboration and partnerships, improved awareness of the impact and opportunities for physiotherapy, and increased accessibility in under-serviced areas of the province.
The Plan is framed by FOUR Strategic Priority Areas, with a Major Goal established for each as an end of plan outcome:
1. Professional Excellence
2. Advocacy and Partnerships
3. Public Awareness and Access
4. Organizational Excellence
Our Advocacy Work
- PABC successfully advocates with the Provincial government, including the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Advanced Education, Ministry of Child and Family Development to address best practices and support in public and private practice concerns
- PABC successfully works with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association on student, New Grad, retired and general members in considerations for fees and other supports
- PABC negotiates with insurers such as WorkSafeBC, ICBC, Pacific Blue Cross, and other insurers for market rate fees and the model of physio service delivery
- PABC maintains consistent discussions on the regulation of the physiotherapy profession in BC with CPTBC